The mission of Creative Therapy Umbrella is to provide resources, educational opportunities, and continuous connection through the field of creative arts therapies. We aim to offer continuing education opportunities for therapists for them to better understand all creative arts and how they apply to their own practice. Our hope is to build a community where parents, teachers, therapists, administration, and others can find information about the creative arts fields to better support their loved ones.
Reach out and let me know what you feel would be helpful for you as you continue your therapy journey!
The name “umbrella’ was chosen due to the wide range of creative approaches, theories, interventions, styles, and research that inspires my own work. I deeply believe in a client-centered, humanistic, and individualized approach when working with children, siblings, and their families.
This blog focuses on supporting children, parents, families, educators, administrators, therapists, and many others. There is a heavy focus on creative therapies and mental health, but we also cover supporting skillsets such as academic, communication, physical, sensory, cognitive, and more.
You can learn more about my personal background and work experiences here!
You’ll find resources on this website that go far and wide when it comes to working with children and their families. You’ll find :
- A dedicated space for intervention ideas sorted by modality, domain, or theme.
- The integration of play and music therapy techniques
- A blog full of random posts that apply to working as a therapist from various perspectives
- A Podcast to support connecting therapists to each other and to support life-long learning!
- A store where you can access continuing education opportunities!! (Coming Soon!)
I hope you find this site helpful and I would love to hear from you!