Imagine your child identifying their emotions effectively, processing them creatively, and expressing them fluently. Envision your child reflecting on the tough stuff with confidence, insight, and strength. Picture a therapeutic space that gives your child energy, support, and focuses on their unique strengths.
My telehealth services are child and parent focused; giving a guided space for children to practice creative autonomy and offering convenience for parents. I coordinate accessible therapy services for children online in a way that does not overwhelm parents.
My goal as a therapist is to create a place for your child to explore their inner world in creative and expressive avenues. As a child therapist, it is my duty to walk alongside your child, support their unique strengths, and shine a light in the darkness. If this sounds like a fit for you and your family, contact me today to get a free 30-minute consultation!
Children are creative masters. They use imagination to validate their emotions and express themselves. Children need a place, now more than ever, where they feel heard, validated, and valued. It is essential for children to have an established time and space to be themselves while exploring their emotions and inner worlds. And I go a bit further. Because as a parent, you need an easy accessible space for your child’s therapy that doesn’t take up driving, waiting time, and Covid complications.
Who Am I?
I am a Licensed Creative Arts Therapist and a nationally board-certified music therapist with many years of experience. I also have extensive training in play therapy and specialize in working with children through creative and expressive modalities. You can read more details about my experience here.
Most of my experience has been working with children with chronic medical conditions, developmental differences, and children who suffer from anxiety, depression, and social difficulties. My most common therapeutic goals include helping a child:
- Develop a positive self-concept
- Increase emotional and creative expression
- Become sensitive and engaged in the process of coping
- Become more self-directing
- Engage in self-determined decision making
- Develop an internal source of evaluation
- Become more trusting of the self
What does it look like?
Fun! I focus first on creating a strong relationship with your child, learning about their strengths, hobbies, and unique characteristics. This may include us talking about their favorite video game, playing one of their favorite songs, or using puppets to talk in a silly voice. Once the foundation of a strong relationship is built, oftentimes children naturally bring in topics or themes into the session that relate to their inner struggles. Sometimes we explore these topics through verbal discussion, through playing analyzing song lyrics, creating visual representations, and sometimes by acting out pretend situations.
“We love Kate. That’s not an overstatement or gushing. We legitimately love her for the work that she does with our gang. The kiddos ask “Is Kate coming today?” more days than they don’t. She makes their time together valuable and meaningful and I appreciate her magical work so much.”– Parent of past client
What do we need?
- 50 minutes for the session
- Access to a private space with a computer that can utilize online platforms
- For young children, they can bring any toys with them for the session and can have the session in their own room if that is easier to access their toys
What is the investment?
There are several payment options to choose from.
Individual Weekly Sessions
Individual weekly sessions are $130 per session. They are 50 minutes long and it is helpful for me to touch base with parents every few weeks for about ten minutes in our sessions.
Individual Bi-Weekly Sessions
Bi-weekly sessions are $140 per session. They are 50 minutes long and it is helpful for me to touch base with parents every few weeks for about ten minutes in our sessions.
As needed sessions
As needed sessions, or PRN, is a great space for children who just need a “tune-up”. This is reserved for children that I have worked with for some time before and they are in need of touching base to revisit some issues. These sessions are $140 per session.
If you are a parent struggling with supporting your child, I am here to help you! These consultations are $110 per session and are 50 minutes long. These consultations are usually once a month or as a tune-up. Learn more details here.
What does insurance reimbursement look like?
We are an out-of-network provider at this time and do not directly accept insurance. However, it is possible to find out if your insurance will reimburse you a percentage of therapy costs. To find out if this information, call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask the following questions before our first session. Please write these answers down to share via e-mail with Kate.
- Do I have out of network mental health coverage for teletherapy as well as in-person psychotherapy?
- Do I have a separate yearly deductible for mental health or is it included in my medical deductible?
- Do I have coverage to see a New York State Licensed Creative Arts Therapist who is out of network?
- What is my deductible?
- How many sessions per year am I eligible for with coverage?
- What is the cap on the amount of money expended per year?
- What is the therapy session “allowable amount” for a psychotherapy session? (CPT code 90837)
- What percentage of the therapy session cost will be reimbursed to me?
- What is the mental/behavioral health claims Mailing Address for me to send my claim?
Need more information?
Please feel free to reach out anytime with questions, concerns, and to learn more about what creative therapy can look like for your child!