Creative Therapy Umbrella’s Mission
The mission of Creative Therapy Umbrella is to help therapists support the well-being and mental health of infants and children through the creative arts. This site provides resources, educational opportunities, and continuous connection for child therapists looking to support their client’s in non-traditional ways within their scope of practice. We aim to honor every child as their unique selves and give therapists the tools to do just that.
You, as the participant, have a right for file a grievance or complaint with Creative Therapy Umbrella in relation to continuing education credit and membership. I am always willing to talk, hear feedback, and work with you to find a way to move forward.
What is Creative Therapy Umbrella’s grievance/complaint procedure?
In the event of a grievance, participants are required to put concerns, complaints, and suggestions in writing through this form. All grievances reported to Creative Therapy Umbrella will be responded to within one week (7 days).
Creative Therapy Umbrella complies with the appropriate legal and ethical responsibilities to be a non-discriminatory in promotional activities, content, treatment, and engagement with participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with standards are overseen by the owner, Kate Shannon. In the case of a grievance, additional consultation from an appropriate supervisor may be completed to fully support the thorough and important nature of the grievance.
While Creative Therapy Umbrella goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the attention of the owner which require intervention and/or action. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
When a participant, in written format, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
- If the grievance concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the grievance will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. The owner will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
- If the grievance concerns a workshop offering, its content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop was offered, the owner will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action, the owner will:
- attempt to move the participant to another workshop or
- provide a credit for a subsequent year’s workshop or
- provide a partial or full refund of the workshop fee.
The above actions will require a written note, documenting the grievance, for record-keeping purposes. The note need not be signed by the grieved individual.
3. If the grievance concerns Creative Therapy Umbrella’s CE program, in a specific regard, the CE Chair will attempt to arbitrate.
You, as the participant, have the right to appeal decisions made by Creative Therapy Umbrella, LLC. To appeal the initial grievance, the participant must, in written format, outline their appeal. All appeals will be responded to within one week (seven days).
When a participant, in written format, appeals the decision of the grievance made by Creative Therapy Umbrella, the following steps will be taken.
- The owner will escalate the grievance to include additional consultation from an appropriate supervisor to support the additional outcomes of the grievance.
- The owner will contact the participant to discuss additional options
As a participant, you have the right to have an unresolved grievance addressed by CBMT’s Continuing Education Committee (This should only occur after Creative Therapy Umbrella’s grievance policy has been exhausted).
What is your refund policy?
At this time, refunds for membership subscriptions will not be provided unless there are extenuating circumstances. However, your concerns are important and I hope that you will contact me and vocalize your concern. If you do not complete a course, you will not be refunded. If you are a member and do not receive a passing grade for the credits you have taken, you will not be given a refund.
What if I have special needs or need accommodation?
Please reach out and let me know how I can assist you. Although Creative Therapy Umbrella is in the process of making things more accessible (transcripts for podcasts, downloadable audio tracks, etc.) we may not have those things available at this time.