It’s no surprise that I LOVE using Jenga questions in therapy. Whether the questions are about music, storytelling, art, or just to build rapport, Jenga is an amazing tool.
While working at an agency I had been assigned a task to write questions on several sets of Jenga blocks. The team had realized that the questions that were previously used on the Jenga sets were questions like “Whats your favorite color?”, “What season do you lost the most”, etc. which were fantastic for rapport building. BUT, those questions get old so fast and some kids want to play Jenga at every session!
So part of my job was to create a massive list of questions that never get old. I spent hours putting this list together and I have to say, they don’t get old! Kids and teens love them and you get a new answer almost every time.
These questions can be asked numerous times, week over week, and they don’t get old. Too old anyway. Here are a few examples:
- Describe a time that you felt really excited lately.
- What was a challenge you faced this week?
- Who made you feel good this week?
- Rate your day so far on a scale of 1-10.
- Finish the sentence “I hope…..”
Get your free download here and enjoy it!!
P.S. If you love visuals, questions, intervention ideas and more like these Jenga questions, then you’d love The Umbrella Community. It’s our membership community where you get a monthly email full of free downloads that includes intervention ideas, book recommendations, information downloads, implementation videos, and more.
If you want to learn about topics such as mindfulness, play therapy, relational neurosciences, creativity development, play development, games in therapy, anxiety in children and teens, stories in therapy, then the Umbrella Community is meant for you!
The Umbrella Community includes:
- A monthly email packed with intervention ideas, informational downloads, and implementation videos
- Specific resources for learning about counseling skills, trauma, child development, creative development, and each creative arts modality
- A monthly group call that you can attend live or watch later (see our schedule of topics here!)
- Opportunity for individual 30 minute consultations with Kate throughout the year
- Access to the Creative Therapy Umbrella Resource Archive (a demo is below)
- Private Facebook group access to support your connections with others and engage in discussions
- 15 CMTE credits (if you are a music therapist!)
- Huge discounts on courses, pod-courses, and everything in our shop!
- and more!